20 BAT was sent to @BravePublishers without my consent

I just noticed 20 BAT was sent to @BravePublishers about a month ago. I did not have Auto-Contribute on. Following this For Brave users impacted by the Auto-Contribute bug, I sent an email to refunds@brave.com but received an automated response saying that the email address refunds@brave.com is closed and I need to post here instead. Could someone help me with the refund?

me sucedió lo mismo -14 bat A @BravePublishers y tengo las contribuciones automáticas desactivadas.

Thanks for reporting. I’d like to ask a few questions to start:

• Auto Contribute is ON by default and must be manually turned OFF. Did you turn it OFF?
  • Do you have multiple devices linked to your Uphold? If so, how many?
  • Can you share a screenshot of your Contributions and Event Log tabs which can be found here brave://rewards-internals/

Thank you in advance!

Hi Steeven,

Thanks for getting back to me. I sent you a PM with all the requested information.

Hello,

I have the EXACT same problem with the mailing address being closed
I didnt feel like opening a new thread, should I reach to you as well?

Please send the same info in a DM. Thanks.

no, all mine were turned OFF and I started a support tag, 18 days later still NO contact and NOT returned, you have a bug or you are clearly stealing back what you give, either way its theft by conversion if its not free do not say its free for us to use, god forbid we put our bat tokens ourself in there, this makes me want to sell all my bat tokens from my other wallet as this token is looking like a scam in progress and should be reported to the proper authorities, maybe cia

Hi @expjoe, thanks for reporting and for your patience. Please see my reply to your post created this morning. We’ll get this figure out. Thanks again.

1 Like