For Brave users impacted by the Auto-Contribute bug

Hi @Asad, as I said it’s been a while ago and I don’t have any register of it. It was about 12 BATs or so that was ‘auto-contributed’ without my authorization. I haven’t one the support yet. I will then.
Thanks

2 Likes

@Asad The “last version of Brave” picture will be obsolete pretty quickly since I know it takes time to work through these. Because of that, how does having an out of date picture help exactly? I lost 129 BAT with this bug so i am anxious to get this resolved quickly.

I know you are going as quickly as possible so thanks for that. Cheers.

1 Like

Hey everyone, quick update. We issued a patch for this bug recently, but it looks like there are still people being affected. We’re still absolutely issuing refunds for anyone affected, but are going to do so once the issue itself is isolated and resolved – we don’t want to refund you only for your wallet to be drained again.

We’re prioritizing this issue as we know it’s frustrating and inconvenient. We appreciate everyone’s patience as we look into this matter. We’re hoping to have a real fix out this week, and then refunds will resume going out again.

For more information, check out our detailed update on the issue here: Acknowledgement of the Auto-Contribute issue on Brave browser

4 Likes

Brave Team,

I had a similar issue where my Brave wallet got emptied out. My Brave wallet had sent out a monthly auto contribute of 5 BAT to Brave Software International on 12/25/19, which is normal. However, on the morning of 12/26/19, my Brave wallet sent out 29 additional transactions in increments of 5 BAT to Brave Software International. I sent an email yesterday to [email protected] providing the rewards-internals info, estimated amount of BAT lost, and screenshot of running latest version. I have not received a response yet.

My auto-contribute was toggled on during this incident. I turned it off after my Brave wallet was emptied out.

May you support?

-Ted

2 Likes

I sent information for my stolen BAT as directed above, no response after 9 days, not even an acknowledgment.

1 Like

It happened AGAIN. I’m still waiting for my first refund of 129 BAT. I was notified this morning that I was granted 25ish BAT. Then I watched it slowly drain, one by one, out of my account down to zero. I have auto-contribute turned off, and I am running Brave version 1.1.23. Even if I get the refund, I’m not confident it won’t just drain out again.

3 Likes

I have just had 90 BAT stolen from my account! i had my auto contribute turned off! please refund me ASAP. thank you

1 Like

Whilst the auto contribute bug is being resolved should the feature not just be disabled and not an option at all for users?
It doesn’t make much sense to release a patch which doesn’t resolve the issue.
Just disable the feature through code and once it has been patched then re-release.
This will also allow you to refund all the BAT to people who have lost BAT ?

3 Likes

Hi everyone, here’s an update on the A-C bug. We will be refunding everyone who hasn’t already recieved a refund via the grants system. Please post any follow up questions in this new thread:

2 Likes

Hey everyone – see an update to this issue here: https://community.brave.com/t/an-update-on-recent-brave-rewards-issues-and-next-steps/103482

We will be refunding anyone affected with a double BAT bonus. :slight_smile: We appreciate your patience big time!

2 Likes

Hi, I got mail today from Uphold that 60 BAT had been sent to Brave Publishers. I’m not sure how that happened. I checked my browser wallet and it mentioned “Auto-Contribute” but I’ve always had it off.

Please let me know what needs to be done to get this corrected.

2 Likes

Asad - I have not received any refunds. I’ve experienced two incidents of the auto-contribute bug and followed the directions provided in the forum, sending the e-mail to the specialized e-mail address. How do I get resolution here?

2 Likes

Hi Nate, nothing’s needed on your end – we’re going to be automatically refunding anyone affected. It’ll come in as a BAT grant. :slight_smile: All you’ll have to do is claim it from the Rewards panel. We’re hoping to send them out next week.

4 Likes

HI Asad,
I received an email from you stating that the Auto-Contribute bug has been corrected and funds have been returned. There has been no change to my Uphold or Rewards Summary to reflect the 60 BAT that were taken. Please let me know what else needs to be done to get this corrected.

1 Like

Hi,

I noticed I had received my refund yesterday but accidentally clicked claim before noticing I had not restarted my browser after applying the lastest update, so all my BAT got auto-contributed again. Sent an email to [email protected]. Can I get reimbursed again?

Thanks

2 Likes

@Bigsr – please PM me your brave://rewards-internals data and i can issue you a refund!

2 Likes

@alex15 sure, I’ll be happy to do so. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hello brave team just want to followup regarding with this matter its been almost 2weeks since i raise this issue thru email and dm with sir @Asad and i still havent get my refund & fix this issue. I am very frustrated & disappointed.

2 Likes

So…it is now February 2020…Will Brave return the BAT it took from my account? I have emailed Support, but no reply.

1 Like

Hi @Henry1 - have you DM’d @Asad your brave://rewards-internals info?

2 Likes