For Brave to start when the shortcut on the Windows 10 start menu is clicked, sometimes, Brave starts and closes in a flash

Description of the issue: For Brave to start when the shortcut on the start menu is clicked, Sometimes, Brave starts and closes in a flash. For Brave to start, the shortcut has to be clicked for the second time

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3. In Windows 10, to start Brave, click the Brave shortcut on the start menu.

The second way this could happen, and the most number of times it has happened is when Windows is just started.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): Since the event happens unexpectedly, getting screenshots or creating .gifs is not possible.

Expected result: For Brave to start from one click on the Brave shortcut in the start menu

Reproduces how often: Until now has happened two times for today

Brave Version(about:brave): Version 0.56.15 Chromium: 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no): Yes, The current release starts and closes in a flash

Additional Information: on start-up is set to “Continue where you left off”.When for the second time the shortcut is clicked, the Brave window opens with only the pinned tabs. The total number of tabs, including the pinned tabs that were open when Brave was closed just before shutting down Windows, were shown in History as “19 tabs” The most number of times this has happened is when Windows was just started on the following day after the previous day’s shut down. What can be gathered from up to now is the more the time, the machine was kept shut down, the more it happened.!

1 Like

@Varuna, good lookin out.
I’ll open my Windows version from Start menu all day today and see if I can reproduce.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.