I usually leave Brave running all day, and mostly use it for Facebook. I close it at the end of the day. When I try to start it in the morning, about 75% of the time I see a couple of Brave processes start, then disappear, and the Brave UI never appears. When I try to start Brave again right after that, it starts normally, BUT my previously open tabs are not open. When Brave starts normally on my first attempt, it does remember my previously open tabs.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Leave Brave running all day with at least one tab open at Facebook. (May not be important).
- Make sure Brave is configured to ‘Continue where you left off’.
- Close Brave at the end of the day.
- Next morning, start Brave. About 75% of the time, on this first attempt, a couple of Brave processes will start, then stop, without the Brave UI ever appearing.
- Try again to start Brave. On this second attempt, Brave will start, but will not re-open previously-open tabs.
Brave should start normally, and re-open any tabs that were open the previous day.
Brave Version( check
Windows 8.1 64-bit.
I found several similar reports, but none with exactly this behaviour, and none with any solutions.