Failure to verify with uphold account

Hi… I get the message in the screenshot when I try to verify again my uphold account.

It was working fine before.

I re-installed Brave browser… still no good.

Any help please?

Do I lose any BATs?

1 Like

Can you check which version of Brave you’re on?

Can you also check if your Android passes Android SafetyNet? (You can download an app to check.)

If you go to brave://rewards-internals (general info), does it say “Rewards profile not yet created”?

1 Like

does my Android pass Android SafetyNet? i believe it is, because playstore is fine, all other apps are ok too. can you recommend an app to check?

last about reward profile, this is what i get

Rewards info

Rewards profile not yet created

Balance info

Total balance 0 BAT

Custodial account connection info

Rewards state: Pending
Custodian: Uphold
Custodian member ID: <big long hex? number that i ve deleted from this msg in case of security issue>

2 Likes

Is there any way you could update to a newer version of Android? There are some known issues with Android 6/7, but we’re trying to fix them as they come.

1 Like

sadly not… the hardware of the phone is old, and Google/deuce OEM is not issuing new updates.

:~(

everything was working fine until lime yesterday or day before.!

might be worthing saying the uphold app itself works fine.

1 Like

note brave is working fine on android 6 on an another older device, where i just re-verified the brave browser against the same uphold account.

1 Like

The problem is the same with another user from Indonesia :person_facepalming::indonesia::person_facepalming:

i am reasonably convinced it cannot be the hardware.
There is something else that is failing the verification.

it could relate to the fact that the browser crashes when selecting the country when prompted to in the rewards box?

Uphold thinks my ‘region is not supported for Brave Rewards verification at this time’, which cannot be true because my other older device verifies ok.

Nor good!

1 Like

i think the problem started when i started getting asked to enter the country from the reward box? which crashes the browser when trying to.

May be going back to a few versions before the country request was introduced may help?

btw, my hardware is samsung note 5.

1 Like

chriscat, i stopped getting responses from you. . you are not abandoning me are you?

“i don’t wanna wait in vain for your love”

1 Like

more info that may help

Brave logo

Brave Software Inc

Copyright © 2022 The Brave Authors. All rights reserved.

Brave 1.46.138 Chromium: 108.0.5359.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision 713576b895246504ccc6b92c2fb8ce2d60194074-refs/branch-heads/5359_71@{#3}
OS Android 7.0; Build/NRD90M
Google Play services SDK=12451000; Installed=224814019; Access=3p
JavaScript V8 10.8.168.21
User agent Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 7.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Mobile Safari/537.36
Command Line –use-mobile-user-agent --top-controls-show-threshold=0.5 --top-controls-hide-threshold=0.5 --use-mobile-user-agent --enable-viewport --validate-input-event-stream --enable-longpress-drag-selection --touch-selection-strategy=direction --disable-composited-antialiasing --enable-dom-distiller --disable-domain-reliability --component-updater=url-source=https://go-updater.brave.com/extensions --origin-trial-public-key=bYUKPJoPnCxeNvu72j4EmPuK7tr1PAC7SHh8ld9Mw3E=,fMS4mpO6buLQ/QMd+zJmxzty/VQ6B1EUZqoCU04zoRU= --sync-url=https://sync-v2.brave.com/v2 --lso-url=https://no-thanks.invalid --variations-server-url=https://variations.brave.com/seed --variations-insecure-server-url=https://variations.brave.com/seed --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end --top-controls-show-threshold=0.5 --top-controls-hide-threshold=0.5
Executable Path No such file or directory
Profile Path /data/user/0/com.brave.browser/app_chrome/Default
Active variations AdRewardsStudy:NextPaymentDay
AllowCertainClientHintsStudy:Disabled
BraveAdblockCookieListOptInReleaseStudy:Enabled
BraveAds.AdServingStudy:DefaultAdNotificationsPerHour=10/MaximumAdNotificationsPerDay=100/MaximumInlineContentAdsPerHour=12/MaximumInlineContentAdsPerDay=60/AdServingVersion=1
BraveAds.EpsilonGreedyBanditStudy:Default
BraveAds.FrequencyCappingStudy:ExcludeAdIfWithinTimeWindow=0h
BraveAds.UserActivityStudy:Triggers=NTPSI/TimeWindow=15m/Threshold=0.0/IdleTimeThreshold=5s
BraveDebounceStudy:Enabled
ConversionsStudy:NewDefaultPattern
Default1pBlockingStudy:Disabled
DisableCnameUncloakingForAndroid:Disabled
DisableReduceLanguage:Enabled
EphemeralStorageStudy:Enabled
FirstPartyEphemeralDomainBlockStudy:Enabled
ForceDisableBlinkFeatures:Enabled
MetricsAndCrashSampling:Enabled
PartitionBlinkMemoryCacheStudy:Enabled
PartitionConnectionsByNetworkIsolationKeyStudy:Enabled
PermissionLifetimeReleaseStudy:Enabled
PostFREFixMetricsAndCrashSampling:Enabled
VulkanStudy:Enabled

is there any body out there?
i can do with a friend right now. .

The link was included in the template you deleted when you created the topic. You were supposed to answer all the info, but you didn’t.

Template would have been:

Briefly describe your issue:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)?

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner?

Notice one of the questions there lists SafetyNet and provides a link to the app to check?

He answered there are issues with Android 6 and 7 they were working on fixing. Beyond that though, was not much of anything to check.

As you stated yourself, Android 7 has reached end of life for support. Brave could, and maybe should, stop offering any type of support at all for it much like they soon will be doing for Windows 7. Main thing is you probably need to get yourself a newer phone.

Speaking of Android 7, maintenance update went out to today for people who had issues of app crashing on Android 7 when selecting a country. You could check and see if it resolves for you.

Saoiray … do you work with Chriscat? or for him?

I liked your response and especially its tone. . hehehe

Anyhow, I ve been meaning to leave you guys a message to say the update worried. Both county selection and verification. so greasy thank you!

As for supporting old hardware and old versions of OSs, while I appreciate the simple answer is to update to the latest hardware and software, pls bear in mind that

1. hardware replacement costs hard cash and people are living in a time of economic hardship where the rise in cost of living is not being matched by rise in income in ‘affluent western economies’. as for the developing world, the picture is significantly more bleak.
  2. many people are sticking to their hardware not because of the cost, but also from sustainability prospective. feel free to check recent consumer research!
  3. a substantial number of old hardware is being refurbished in the rich world and re-sold in the poorer world. again, check recent research on this.

this compels me to recommend for the Brave team continues supporting previous generations of hardware and software. think of it as a differentiator?

I recommend you speak to your regulatory/policy people who ought to be well familiar with the above points and able to provide guidance.

br

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.