Facebook social plugin not loading in its iFrame in Brave browser

Description of the issue:
I am making a website for a friend and the Facebook social plugin is not loading the timeline of her public page. It doesn’t work in Brave or Chrome, but it does work in Firefox and Edge. Haven’t tried Opera or Safari.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
No steps necessary…the banner loads, but that’s all. See jpg below.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
BugiFrameFacebook

Expected result:
Like I mentioned, the plugin works fine in Firefox and Edge. I see the banner and the timeline is loaded underneath within seconds. In Brave all I get is the banner and a spinning circle underneath where the timeline or events should be displayed.

Reproduces how often:
All the time.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
I’m developping in Win 10, latest update.

Additional Information:

@pduclos,
Can you try opening the Shields panel while on the site and changing the cookies setting to Allow all cookies? The page will refresh – let me know if the Timeline loads after this.

Aaah, that’s what it was! Bringing the shields down for that site did it, but I don’t know how I’m going to “explain” this to people seeing my friend’s site page where this iFrame is displayed… I’ll have to think about that. But thank you Mattches! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@pduclos,
Are your friends you’re referencing also using Brave?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.