Facebook games (Words with Friends) don't load

Facebook games don’t load (Words with Friends)

Open Facebook with Brave and try to load Words with Friends.

Version 0.69.135 Chromium: 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Windows 10 Home.

Been giving Brave a good shakedown and this is the only issue encountered, everything else works beautifully.

@Jeff_Mc,
When on the WWF page, can you open the Shields panel in the address bar and change the Device Recognition setting to Allow all...? Allow the page to refresh and the game should load,

G’day Mattches,

Gave that a go also tried with all shields down, still no go.

Cheers

Hi, does enable “options -> social media blocking” enabling facebook logins help?

G’day,

That appears to be already enabled here, disabling/enabling makes no difference.

In Settings, under Shields, I changed Cookies setting to ‘allow all cookies’, the game now loads but looks like this:

I feel we are now one step closer to fixing this issue :smiley:

Cheers

Hmm okay, does shields = off make any difference?

Success! Setting Cookies to allow all and turning Shields off lets the game load perfectly!

Cheers

1 Like

@Jeff_Mc,
Note that Shields don’t have to be down, in fact they should be up on the site, like so:

Gave that another go and it was back to looking like this:

Cheers

Disabling Cross-site device recognition/ allow-all, would that help?

That’s a negative.

Cheers

Interesting, okay, guessing the site-trackers is causing the issue.

Can you copy/paste the trackers listed?

Cheers

Does disabling site-trackers fix the issue?

Okay, just tested. Seems okay? (sheilds on)

That’s a negative, with the current settings I have now with shields up seems to be working.

Cheers

I didn’t touch my sheild settings, just worked. Could’ve been a serverside issue

I noticed you’re using WWF2, I’m using the WWF on Messenger, could be the issue there.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.