Extensions broken, no ability to restore cookies

Description of the issue:
As of the latest update (this began happening sometime around the 28th) any extension that was previously able to restore cookies no longer works, regardless of shield/cookie settings. When using developer tools to inspect the extension, no errors are shown for some extensions (one has failed to parse or set cookie unchecked runtime errors). This makes it impossible to diagnose. Tested after removing all other extensions, and only one of the aforementioned extensions in a new Brave profile. Still broken.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Install any cookie manager extension (eg. Awesome Cookie Manager, Cookie Backup and Restore, EditThisCookie, etc.)

2. Login to a site, such as Twitter, then save/export your cookies.

3. Close the browser (browser is set to auto-wipe all cookies and browsing data).

4. Re-Open the browser, you will notice that it is impossible to restore cookies with the cookie manager when it was possible to before.

Expected result:
I expect to be able to restore any saved cookies. I’ve been restoring cookies from before/fresh cookies after the updates, and neither set is able to be fully restored (only some cookies are restored, but not all)

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.44.108 Chromium: 106.0.5249.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
I’m at my wits end here. I’ve tried to downgrade the browser on my Windows machine, but it seems that I have no option to. Is there a way to fix this issue or downgrade the browser? I’m almost ready to jump ship.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.