I cannot save any changes to Privacy and Security

I am unable to save any changes to Privacy and Security. Why is this happening, and how do I fix it. I have to allow 3rd party cookies in one of my sites, but cannot save any additions to the section " Sites that can always use cookies".

I am using a Dell G3, Windows 19042.985

Help!

Hey Bayleg,

Can you check your settings in On exit under Clear Browsing Data? That might be the issue.

I’ve attached my “on exit” settings. I don’t see anything that would prevent me from saving and keeping changes to Brave settings.

My guess was that it might’ve been related to you exiting the browser, but that was under the assumption that you closed it at some point.

If I may ask, what verison of Brave are you using, and what is the version number? Can you also confirm for me if this issue is just in regard to your Shield settings? Does messing with the Shield settings on each website not also add that website to the relevant section in your settings?

Version 1.24.86 Chromium: 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) (64-bit)
](https://brave.com/latest/)

I seem to be ok if I have cookies set to “Allow all cookies”. However, I cannot set and save the settings to “Block 3rd party cookies”.

However, it seems that a problem I have opening a page is a factor of the sites security, not Braves (I think).

So, at this point, I may let this post ride until I see if the problem saving Brave settings persists.

However, what are the ramifications of having cookies set to “Allow All Cookies”? How does this affect the security of my system? I use a Private Window for my more sensitive sites, but allowing all cookies through concerns me. I really want to block cross-site cookies, but the setting won’t save.

Thanks,
B

Hey Bayleg,

I’d like to confirm, were changing your settings in brave://settings/shields or in brave://settings/cookies?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.