Error: Device limit reached, bruh

“Your Brave Rewards cannot be verified because you’ve reached the maximum verified device limit.”
It’s just dumb, please remove it already.
I’ve backed up my brave wallet in the past and restoring it didn’t actually restore any of the money I had in it, so I gave up on backing up my wallet, and now brave thinks that the windows 11 version of my formatted pc still exists and that I’m trying to abuse brave rewards by connecting a million device so I could get a million dollarss a month.

it’s understandable, but AT LEAST GIVE US AN OPTION TO UNLINK DEVICES THAT I LOST ACCESS TOO??
I switched from windows 10 to 11 and then back to windows 10, in this process Brave thinks that I’m currently using 3 devices.
FFS.

3 Likes

Using one production machine, and one backup machine to test both production and beta versions of Brave = 4 devices? For my lifetime? Why? Wen allow devices to be removed.

1 Like

Brave are working on removing the device limit entirely. Scheduled for later this month but this is not guaranteed.

1 Like

Why give me a time frame of “this month” and immediately disavow it as “not guaranteed”. How is that any different from the previous “planned to be fixed soon” or whatever the bull was.

I can’t add my uphold account please help.
Error: Device limit reached

Your Brave Rewards cannot be verified because you’ve reached the maximum verified device limit.
[email protected]

1 Like

Same boat here, changed domains and now I’m out of devices?
So, let me get this straight, computers never break. You will only ever use 4 devices from now until you die. If you lose/break /reset any of those devices, they are lost to Brave forever?
What kind of asinine nonsense is this?

Device limit has been removed end of May. Could you guys retry to connect?
Ensure that you have the latest Brave version before trying.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply Antonio! Just tried to link my Uphold wallet on the limited machine and it now connects. That’s a relief. Sorry for the rant!

1 Like

I am still receiving the “Error: Device Limit Reached” dialog when trying to add one of my long disconnected computers. I was under the impression this limit was removed in May. I have tried several times over the last month. Brave is on the latest version, Uphold is logged in correctly. What am I missing?

1 Like

Same here, is there anyway to see these devices? Can I manually unlink them? I opened a ticket.

1 Like

Just upgraded my machine and I too am also getting this error. I’ve been using Brave for so long now…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.