Duo "Remember me" not working

Hi,

I recently switched to Brave and love it, but my only issue is with Duo login. Duo is showing this whenever I try and select the option to “Remember me for 7 days”: “You need to enable cookies in order to remember this device”. In my settings, I am blocking 3rd party cookies and 3rd party fingerprinting.

Is there a way to add an exception? Is this a bug with Brave or Duo?

Make sure you read the about section/guidelines for posting to ensure Support moves as efficiently as possible:
https://community.brave.com/t/about-the-help-me-category/21

I assuming you’re referring to Google Duo. You are blocking cookies some cookies Duo requires to function properly. Open your Shields panel (lion icon on the top right) and set cookies to Allow all

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Oh sorry! I am new the community and did not realize there was a template.

I meant Duo Security, the page that is prompted when you log into any service that is protected by Duo 2-factor authentication.

Brave Version: 0.58.18, Chromium: 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Shield settings:

Step-by-step: log into any service that requires 2-factor authentication using Duo, try and click “Remember me for x days”.

Should get this:

No worries.
On the site you attempt , change the cookies setting to Allow all. Then check the “Remember me for…” box.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

It does! Thanks! I did not know that Shield had a per-site cookie allowance. That is great.

1 Like

Anything in the Shields panel (as opposed to Global/Default Shields) is on a per-site basis.

I wrote a (fairly brief) overview of Shields and how they work in a separate post not that long ago you may find useful:

Cross-site scripting/Shield question Desktop Support

@cartercarlson, thanks for reaching out. Good questions all around. I’m in the midst of writing a detailed support document for Shields and their functions so that users like you will have answers to questions like this. For now, a brief explanation with respect to your post: Shields Out of the box, Brave allows you to block several types of content when browsing. Shields is used when referring to these built in protections as a whole. So when saying (for example) “I have my Shields Up”, what…

Our Help Center also has a lot of useful information

There’s also a Community Resources section for information related to this thread and/or browser issues relevant to all Community members.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.