University two-factor authentication (Duo) not working, can't find browser setting to fix

My university (BYU) makes students use a two-factor authentication service called Duo for every login to every one of their many BYU-owned sites. You can tell each device to remember you for thirty days, though, and stop Duo from bugging you for a month at a time.

Well, I just switched to Brave, and it’s not remembering me at all. I’m pretty sure there’s some kind of setting that Brave has on automatically for privacy reasons, but I don’t know where to find it or what to do.

It’s driving me crazy, so hopefully I can find help here and fix it (on both my computer and my phone), or else I may have to consider switching back to Chrome. Any thoughts?

I’m using v 1.28.106

Check your ctrl+h settings. Go to clear browsing data. Then select the On Exit tab. It is possible you have passwords set to clear on exit.

Hmm, I don’t seem to have anything set to clear On Exit. Do you think there’s some kind of cookie or tracker the two-factor authentication is using that Brave automatically blocks?

Aha! I figured it out. I just had to allow the authentication/login site to use third-party cookies.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.