Duck duck go search query not showing as tab name. Only shows "DuckDuckGo"

When using DuckDuckGo search the page title in Brave remains “DuckDuckGo” persistently regardless of the search query. So that if you have multiple search queries open in different tabs Brave doesn’t allow the user to see what each tab is for.
Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 21.34.10

When using, say, Safari, the query is listed in the page title.

I’m not sure if this is a Brave Browser issue for a DDG issue but figured I’d start here. Is this a setting I can change or a bug? TY!

@urbnesq you might want to share things like:

• Which OS you’re using?

• What version of Brave?

• If you’re using extensions?

• Where you’re looking?

For example, I just opened multiple tabs on my Windows 11 that’s running Brave 1.57.53. You can see below:

Each tab showed my search term and the website. As far as I know, this is the default method for Brave, at least on Windows.

Hi @Saoiray. Sorry, first time posting.

MacOS 13.4.1 (c) Ventura
Brave v1.57.53
Extensions: 1password (stable), giphy
I’m looking at the horizontal tabs at the top of my window.

I imagine that should be the default but unfortunately isn’t the case for mine. I did a scan through the DDG settings and there isn’t anything in there that would suggest altering this behavior.

@urbnesq I know Support is busy on a few things this week, so replies might fall behind a bit. Just a FYI, if you’re unaware, a Community Ninja is just an active User who has been acknowledged by support as someone helpful. Just letting you know I’m not employed with Brave.

That said, could you do me a favor and test to see if it works the same way if you use Chrome or Edge as well? From what little bit of searching I just did, it seems like this is a Chromium design for Mac. I just want to see if you can confirm that for me, as I’m only going off of some random images from online searches.

I’ll try to spend some more time looking into things tomorrow.

@Saoiray - thanks for the info! The tab/page titles include the search query in Chrome:

I went ahead and disabled all extensions, restarted, same issue. I can’t think of any other way I’ve modified Brave that might affect this.

Don’t know if this might help but here are my search engine settings.

An added piece of information is that I am searching from my location bar (DDG is my default search engine)

I’d faced a similar problem in the past (using Chrome, on Windows 11, no extensions) it subsided within a few hours.
But this issue with DuckDuckGo is seen too often and is very persistent. :thinking: I wonder why