Directly Deposit collected rewards to brave wallet

instead of custodian like uphold, Gemini allow users to transfer their collected rewards to brave own wallet
this will be more efficient since most of users reached their 4 device limit and most have problem on connecting (bat didn’t drain)
until self serve wallet feature it will be best option

How is it the procedure?

1 Like

you have to vote here so brave will implement it
vote!

4 Likes

currently there is no way to withdraw bats without custodian i guess

1 Like

Voted

I really need this! I love to test linux distros in my machine and this 4 device limit is making really hard to be in brave reward, uphold doesn’t accept my device after installing a new linux distro.

1 Like

same problem for me too after limit there is no way to withdraw/use collected bats

Why verify wallets on test machines in the first place? It’s a very very bad idea.

hmp, presearch is implementing a web 3.0 withdraw solution. The idea is to withdraw tokens when reaching a minimun directly to your metamask.

AFAIK brave users had ask for something similar, but the team has been a little disaproval with the idea due to regulations on the US.

Sorry, i said test but i do use daily, it’s just that i can easily change distros and install everything again so i normally don’t care about changing OS.

best idea i am saying the same for long time

2 Likes

With the new Brave Wallet you can send that way. Just a matter of allowing the rewards to be connected to the new Brave Wallet.

If they did this and had a separate life time connections limit than to an exchange. Say Six connections, this would allow have the four versions of Brave plus two other devices.

Unless there is a way to do this already and I am missing it.

Is it really hard to understand that there is no way to send $3 worth of BAT earnings when BAT is an ERC20 token and ETH network costs $150 for any ERC20 transfer? This is not a BAT or Uphold or Gemini or Brave wallet cost, this is strictly ETH network cost that goes to ETH miners and ETH2 stakers.

Are you expecting Brave to spend $153 to send you $3 worth of your BAT?

Why doesnt anyone get this simple fact?

Its NOT feasible by any stretch

1 Like

Yes I want this option to.
I am fed up with uphold.
They suspend my account without any reason.
And according to me suspended my account because I was withdrawing my BAT rewards monthly from 2-3 months

1 Like

I see this got necroed but also realize this constantly comes up. For those who still wonder about this, it got addressed a while back

BAT Rewards come in the form of virtual BAT (vBAT) until you verify with an exchange. When you verify with an exchange, your vBAT gets deposited there and converted to real BAT. The step for going to an exchange is required for AML/KYC reasons. We’re looking at the decentralization process for Brave ads rewards as part of Themis

Brave Wallet is a self custody wallet and therefore we cannot currently pay to it for the user rev-share for ads. We would need to KYC/AML your address and may also need a money transmitter license to do so.

1 Like