"Device limit reached" linking Uphold

Hi everyone!
Yes, I know there’s already a bunch of comparable topics here and there in the forum, but here’s my issue.

I have a crappy laptop I use to write/work when I am not at home. It has some memory issues, and it runs Linux. As you may know, Linux has a lot of distributions and sometimes they break beyond repair, needing a clean reinstall.
Now. Knowing there were no more a device limit, I used to blithely link my wallet to Uphold on every new system install, knowing that no one would ever stop me – and that’s until a “device limit” popup actually stopped me. And today that I have a brand-new PC, I cannot link my Brave Rewards profile anymore.

I can live without the monthly dollar in BATs rewards, but I’ve opened a support ticket (211506) anyway to received some kind of default answer “If you are seeing this error message, it may be due to irregular usage or an irregular number of devices”. As I replied, trying to explain my “I had a bad computer, heop plz” situation, they have opened another ticket (217912), which is there since like a month waiting.

To be clear, I am still receiving BATs from my cell phone, which is still linked to Uphold, so I guess my profile isn’t flagged. I simply want to know if I must surrender to the fact that I won’t be able to verify my rewards profile until, idk, Gemini will make a surprise comeback.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using? 1.57.64 on Win 11 and Linux

Who is your verified custodian? Uphold

Are you in a supported region? Italy

same issue.
any solution ?

1 Like

Nope.
I believe my ticket is still open, since I’ve received no notification about it. Guess we have to wait.

You should no longer be seeing a device limit issue. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you! It’s working now :slight_smile:

1 Like