Data restoring, possible somehow?

Description of the issue:

I have encountered a bug yesterday which is related to those:

Did not cross my mind to either downgrade or check the forums here.

I was using browser normally, closed it and could not re open again, a window appeared but it was invisible. I started banging my head to the table tryina fix this, and ultimately made the bad decision to remove brave and copy data from the three folders in ~/.var/app/com.brave.Browser .

Reinstalled and it worked somehow.

Tried putting those files back, and browser wont launch.

Removed those files and reinstalled, launched normally.

Now, i am on dual boot windows and fedora, the brave browser was (and is) on my sync chain, and properly shows that fedorawas last active yesterday.

Went back to fedora, launched the fresh brave install and added it to the sync chain. Nothing syncing except for bookmarks.

I’m seeing from other posts that there is currently some gibberish going on with sync features.

Is there any way i can restore stuff from my previous install?

How can this issue be reproduced?

By being a dumbass like me

Expected result:

Things just work

If you had set Brave to launch with Wayland using brave://flags, one way would be to delete this file:

~/.var/app/com.brave.Browser/config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Local State

This file contains saved flags from brave://flags, but I think it may also contain normal settings…

Maybe not the best tip, but that’s my first idea.

(Maybe forcing X11 using launch-arg or brave-flags.conf could override the flag in brave://flags ?)

Or, do you not have the backed up (& broken) com.browser.Brave anymore?

Try putting the data back into the folder, then running flatpak run com.brave.Browser --disable-experiments. I’m not sure if that’s the correct way to pass command line arguments into a flatpak app, but try it anyway.