Custom background not always showing in new tab

I have the background in Brave for a new tab set to the same as the picture I use for my Desktop wallpaper but it seems on every 2nd odd new tab that I add instead of getting the image I expect I get the normal brave background with the icons on it… very inconsistent with what was expected.

Hello @1stVaultBoy, thank you for reaching us out. What kind of device and OS do you use? Have you tried deleting cookies and cache recently? By any chance are you using extensions? Does the same happen in a private window? Let us know this information so we can further assist you. Thanks in advance.

Okay that will take a while, the device is a Windows 11 PC, no to cookies and cache, only the brave shields one that I am aware of, it wasn’t a window it was tabs that are being affected I.E just clicking on the + to bring up a new tab.
New private windows don’t get my background at all; they get what I presume is the default purple background.
But randomly when I am opening new tabs I get for example a person walking her dog,
The order goes new tab with my background, new tab with my background, dog walker, new tab with my background, new tab with my background, new tab with my background, woman standing on mountain top overlooking a forested area, new tab with my background, new tab with my background, new tab with my background, woman standing on mountain top overlooking a forested area,

I don’t quite know what to make over the fact that about every three tabs added I get this woman on her various nature hikes.

Look Ill make it easy I should not be seeing the attached picture marked “wrong” when I open a new tab I should always see the attached picture marked “right”

Hello again @1stVaultBoy, I see this is happening because that “wrong” background is actually an ad covering your own background please follow these steps:

On the Brave homepage, 1: Click on the Customize option located at the bottom right side of the window. Step 2: Click on the toggle next to Show Sponsored Images to disable sponsored images and ads. Hope this can help you. Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.