Description of the issue:
First started using Brave on Mac OS X (latest version), works fine. Installed on iPhone, works fine and syncs to the Mac no issues. I just installed on my Windows 10 laptop and use the iPhone to generate the sync code (in my case its 24 seemingly random words). I go to brave://sync and enter the code (I tried copy/paste and typing in) and I get the error “Couldn’t contact sync servers”. Both iPhone and Windows laptop on same wireless network and internet working fine.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Tried same scenario multiple times.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Sync across devices
Reproduces how often:
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 pro version 1803 17134.706, Brave version
Version 0.63.55 Chromium: 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I will try this on Ubuntu & report back… thanks for your help.