Description of the issue:
Brave is my primary browser at work and home. So i notice this daily at work, where it’s used at most. But i saw it happen at home also (no special plugins).
Problem that happens is, i press ctrl+t, to open a new tab.
After that, i click with my mouse on top textbox (the one with entry for url or just text and then primary search engine does the search) and press ctrl+v to paste my search query.
What happens in very few occasions is that it somehow refreshes the new, blank tab and removes all text from the main “textbox” (sorry, don’t know what’s it called, the textbox under the tabs). So i have to click on textbox again and paste it again and then it does what it should - open the copied url or preform a search with my search engine.
How can this issue be reproduced?
Actually i tried while posting this but with no success… like i said, it happens but rearely. So i don’t know what else can i say how can it be reproduced.
- Have copied text (url or some text)
- Press CTRL-T
- CTRL-V inside textbox to preform opening that url or do a search for that “string”
- After this it resets textbox content to nothing - empty and have to redo the copy paste.
I think i described everything above. It should preform search or open url.
Brave Version( check
Latest. 1.36.122 Chromium: 99.0.4844.88(64-bit)
- I always have some tabs open (1-a lot) so i don’t know if this plays an issue.
- I use few plugins but i think this happend while i was using only few. List of plugins:
CLEAN crxMouse Gestures
DeepL Translate (beta version)