Copy and Paste Not Working

When using Brave, the copy and paste function seems to be selecting the URL of the data’s page and not the data itself.

Ex: selecting a cell in Google Sheets, copy, paste and the result is the URL of the page and not the data itself.

This only started yesterday and not sure what is going. It’s very inconvenient for Sheets and formula work!

4 Likes

Hello @paddytulips

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Have you updated to the latest Brave version?

Be waiting for your response and have a great day!

1 Like

Yes I have! It’s weird, I’ve been using it for about 2.5 years now and never had this issue. I’m using Chrome until I find a fix.

I am experiencing this as well - copy/paste is pasting the URL of the page rather than the selected text. This also randomly started up around Thursday or Friday for me.

This is happening to me too. It started since the most recent update.
It seems to happen with any website, not just google sheets. It only occurs when using cmd-C keyboard shortcut. Right clicking the text and pressing “Copy” from the context menu works without issue.

Environment:
macOS Big Sur 11.7.4
Brave Browser Version 1.49.120 Chromium: 111.0.5563.64 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to any website
  2. Copy any text using cmd-C
  3. Paste it in notepad or the search bar using cmd-V

Observed Results:
The URL of the website I copied the text from is stored to the clipboard, not the text itself

Expected results:
The text I am copying with cmd-C should be stored in the clipboard.

2 Likes

Just FYI, right-clicking and pressing copy from the context menu still works.

Same issue for me. I’m using Brave on MacOS and have found that closing Brave resolves the issue for a while, but it comes back! :frowning:

Is there a fix for this?

This is true, just a little inconvenient!

I AM FACING THE SAME ISSUE AND IT IS GETTING SO FRUSTRATING!!! I have updated my browser with every update that brave sends and this is still happening???

Same here! It’s relief to know that I am not the only one. If this bug isn’t fixed soon, I’ll be deleting Brave and returning to Chrome. This majorly impacts my work.

Looks like it was fixed in the most recent update. Thanks guys!

Brutal! It’s still an issue for me! Doing work in Google Sheets is a total nightmare

Same issue here, although it does work occasionally. It never works when copying from a code block on a page, however.

Also the same issue, on all 3 of my different laptops.

Version 1.49.132 Chromium: 111.0.5563.147 (Official Build) (arm64)

wow, this is so annoying bug. Copy is an essential thing when you work on a browser.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue! Will this be fixed in any of the new Brave versions?

Is this being worked on by the development team?

I’m having the same issue. Very annoying.

I think there another topic, and it seems that there is a fix for it.

disclaimer , i didn t checked if it works as i am using android.

I have same issue actually.
BUT I find out it’s Vimium confliction. So after disable Vimium, it works.
This issue never happened before.