CNBC.COM flash videos won't play

Description of the issue:
Flash videos on CNBC.COM will not load. When I try to play a video it says I have to enable flash. So I click the link the page provides and I get a popup that asks me to enable flash player. After I click to enable the page reloads and I get another popup that says I need to allow flash again. I click to allow flash and the page reloads again. I then start back at the beginning of needing to enable flash player. I just go in circles doing the same thing of enabling flash for the site, but the site for some reason never realizes that flash is enabled.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Flash never get enabled on CNBC.COM
Expected result:
Flash should enable so I can watch videos.
Reproduces how often:
So far every time I go to CNBC.COM
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
I am on Windows 7 SP2 using Brave version Version 0.66.101 Chromium: 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information:

I am assuming that Brave has flash built in since it’s based on Chromium. If I’m wrong please point me to a flash download. Thanks.

Flash isn’t installed with Brave by default.

Also flash is not required to play videos on cnbc.com. If you don’t have flash then the website will automatically fallback to HTML5 video. Since Flash is nearing its end of life, I would suggest uninstall flash and let the browser take advantage of fallback HTML5 videos on websites.

Please have a look at this issue

Hi, ok thanks. I didn’t install flash for Brave but why then does Brave have an option to allow flash if it’s not avaliable? I’ll try the site again and see if I can get it going.

Ok, I made sure I didn’t have flash installed. I even uninstalled it for Firefox just to make sure. CNBC.COM is not falling back to HTML5 so I’m going to just try to install flash. Where can I find the download for a version of flash that works with Brave?

Hello,

Ok I closed my browser and went back to CNBC.COM with out flash installed and it did fallback to using HTML5. Thanks for the help.

1 Like