How to enable Flash?

Description of the issue:

I’ve read other issues here (e.g. Does Brave Support Flash? How to enable flash support?). I understand that Flash is being deprecated. I still want to use it until it’s gone. I can use it in Chrome, I can’t in Brave, so that’s a dealbreaker.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Go to a Flash website, e.g. apps.facebook.com.
Allow Flash under site settings
Click “Reload”
Watch Brave ignore the Allow setting

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

brave-flash2

Expected result:
The page should load the Flash app as it does in Chrome

Reproduces how often:
Every time. I’ve applied and reloaded and applied and reloaded - Brave ignores the settings.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 version 10.0.18362
Brave 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

It appears there is no flash embedded in Brave like it’s in Chrome, so you have to install Flash in you system. No body wants flash, except when visiting some specific site. So it makes no sense why Brave is doing it this way. Just follow Chrome and embed Flash.

Try downloading the official Flash client from adobe: It should still work.

https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/update/plugin/

Flash support will end this year from Adobe, Microsoft and Chrome. It’ll be out Brave’s control, these flash sites will need to change otherwise there will be no browsers able to use it.

No, I don’t want that on my OS (I only want flash tightly sandboxed inside the browser, not accessible by anything on my OS)

Note, its a plugin for your web browser.

there will be no browsers able to use it.

Except for Facebook gameroom, which builds the deprecated unsupported Flash onto a downloadable application. The Puffin browser at least renders on the server, keeping the nasty bits off of my hardware.

<rant>
FB should just cut off all the developers who haven’t migrated. But what do you expect from a company that says “we’ll run any political ads we get paid for, without any fact checking or subscriber transparency”.
</rant>

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.