Adobe Flash Player: Adding a site to "allow" list

Description of the issue:
I would like to add a site to the “allow” list for Adobe flash player. I want to add this site https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html so that I can determine what version of flash player I have.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Go to settings -> advanced -> content settings -> flash
Looking at that screen, I don’t see any way to add a site to the allow list.

Brave Version(about:brave):
Version 0.58.21 Chromium: 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
yes

@carrierPigeon,
This is because Brave only keeps these settings until your Brave session has ended. We do this for various security reasons. That said, you can allow flash on the site you linked to:

1. Navigate to your Flash settings in Brave again (Settings --> Advanced --> Privacy/Security --> Content Settings --> Flash)
  2. Ensure that this option is set to Ask first, if not, toggle it so that it is
  3. Return to the site in question and see if you are prompted to allow flash to run
  4. If not, click to refresh the image they give as a test to see if Flash is installed/enabled properly
  5. If the animation isn’t showing and no prompt, click the padlock icon on the left-hand side of the address bar - you should a Flash permissions request here - set it to Allow
  6. Reload the page and you should be good to go.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

I followed your instructions. When the site ran the check, it said that Flash player is installed but not enabled. I did not get any prompt asking to enable adobe flash player. I clicked the lock icon and instructed to allow flash player. Then, I reloaded the site. Still the site said that flash player is installed but not enabled.

Would you mind sharing a screenshot or two with what you see when you attempt to allow flash on the site? A screenshot of the site as it appears by default when you visit it (with your Shields panel open) and one of the padlock menu would be quite useful.

padlock

shields%20down

1 Like

Apologies for the late reply.
I’m unsure about why you’re encountering this. Here is a short recording of me visiting the site, seeing the errors you saw, performing the steps I listed above with success:
FLASHp

Are you still encountering this after updating to v0.59.34?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.