Cannot stream from NBC Sports

Description of the issue:
NBC Sports does not play and flash video. Can play videos on other websites, but not here. I have enabled flash in the site settings, disabled all ad blocking, and other extensions that may interfere with playing the video.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Navigate to NBC Sports
  2. Attempt to stream a LIVE video (Live video appears to be the only streams that use flash)
  3. Allow flash
  4. Site will load, and show “Initializing” but doesn’t play video

Expected result:
Video plays

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Screen grab of video not playing attached.

Investigating, thanks for the report

1 Like

Some sites (xfinity streaming) flash issues in the past, can you re-test with the proper flash plugin?

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Then just ensure you “Allow Flash” on the site.

1 Like

I can confirm I reinstalled flash, allowed flash to run, and tried to play video again to no effect. The same problem has been happening across 3 different PCs from the time I installed Brave, and all of which were not “synced” until a couple of weeks ago.

1 Like

A bit hard to test from NZ (no way to signup with US cable providers ha) Does turning off shields make any difference?

2 Likes

Understood. Should be able to leverage free preview, though only 15 min or something. Love the footy.

Anyhow, no, turning off shields doesn’t work. I also know NBC sports doesn’t allow ads to run, so I turned off shields and disabled ad blocking for the site. Still nothing.

FWIW, on chrome, I just had to turn off ad blocker and allow flash to run and it worked fine.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Click on the Autoplay in the address bar, I did test with a fellow 'Braver who had geo access to this and they got it to work with All cookies enabled

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.