Can't restore the local wallet after reinstall

Hi,

I was having issues with Brave where I cound’t start the browser anymore on my laptop.

It was always closing by itself or just opening an empty screen with windows saying “Not responding”.

So, reading on reddit and the brave community, I have read people saying that they managed to make it work again by reinstalling brave and restoring the local wallet with the key.

So I did it right away because I had my brave wallet “restore key” saved since day 1.

Unfortunately, after restoring it, there is no BAT in my Wallet now when I was supposed to have about 75 bats even if the browser said : Restore succesful.

Can you help me?

Please tell me if you need anything else. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Is there a way to contact the customer support directly maybe?

I manage to get the “pending” bat with this but never the le local wallet.

Any help would be appreciate guys.

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting! Please DM with the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals)
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version)
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards.

This will help to speed up the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance!

Hi Steeven,

Thank you for your help.

I have not the “//rewards-internals” of my first installation where I had my original bat wallet.

Before uninstalling the old, I saved some files ending with “.pf” and “.db” and some others that was in “C:Windows”. Those files could help?

But I still have my passphrase so I should be good no?

Hi @mariobross2, unfortunately the only way to back up and restore currently is through Uphold. How much BAT was lost?

76 as my last screenshot can say.

Before each payout, I take a screen shot to see if the total is correct.

I can send it to you in PM.

It’s in your inbox.

Thank you so much for your help.

Thank you @mariobross2.

1 Like

Hi,

According to my “sent” folder it seem like I’m the only one who watched the private message I sent you 4 days ago.

Did you received it?

Thanks a lot.

Sorry to Steeven and the OP to piggyback on this, but I have the exact same problem, short description below (tell me if I should instead make a new thread)

I didn’t uninstalled but accidentally deleted my profile, so I had to create a new one. I used that long key (a sentence) to restore my BAT, but the wallet is still empty, although it said it was restored successfully. I didn’t have nearly as many BAT as the OP, but it was the result of months of watching adds.
NOTE: It’s possible the “Local State” file (inside of the “user data” folder) has been modified, but I’m not sure.

Can I send you my screenshots and copy paste data like the ones you requested from the OP, Steeven?

Thanks

(Windows 10, Brave [1.15.72 Chromium: 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)])

Thank you for reporting! Please DM with the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals)
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version)
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards.

This will help to speed up the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance!

@steeven I still have no news from you since the DM I send last week.

You can ask anything you need to help me with that.

Have a nice day.

Hi @mariobross2, I don’t see a DM from you so I’ve just sent one to you. Thanks.

1 Like

Done, I answered your message.

Thank you so much

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.