Brave Rewards Wallet recovery

I’m new at this. I signed up for brave a few months ago, and I’ve accumulated some number of BAT, which I never really paid attention to. I tried several times to set up an Uphold wallet, but could not use one because I’m in NY. So, I just let it accumulate until the situation changes.

Fastforward to last week, and my SSD died, and I’m trying to reinstall everything. However, it seems like even though I have the same email, and setting up the same system, that I am now faced with a balance of 0.00. I thought all of this stuff was tied to my email, but I am suspecting it’s more a unique identifier generated by the brawser.

I am assuming that I have lost all of this funny currency.

I would just like someone in the know to confirm that, or tell me how to reconnect with it.

Thanks,
-Polar

Hello Polar

did you tried to recover the wallet
go to brave://rewards/ then

then click on setting the

Screenshot from 2020-07-27 19-49-38

then restore and type your key there

hope that help and have a nice day

1 Like

That’s what I was afraid of. I may have copied it somewhere, but that disk is gone. Can’t read a single bit out of it. I thought I put it in my password manager, but I guess it’s gone. So, it goes.

Actually, I did find it in my password manager, but the key didn’t work. :frowning:

How is that restore key verified? If the wallet is stored locally, and not on-line, then my disk crash will have obliterated it anyway. I had thought these things were stored on-line by email address.

you have to be connected to the internet so the key verified and restored
and you said you do not have uphold so the only way from my humble knowledge that is your key

connect to the internet then choose restore the key and see if you got any progress

have a nice day

Yeah, I’m connected to the Internet. It’s not working, as far as I can tell, as there does not seem to be any indication that it actually tried anything. Is there a log? Hope somebody enjoys it. :slight_smile: Thanks for your help.

does it say wallet recover successfully or something like that ?

1 Like

Hi
I just recovered my wallet but BAT in my wallet came to 0 from 1.25. But my pending rewards came back. Is there a solution to get my wallet BAT also recovered. Please help asap.
Thanks
Rikhil Taneja

Hello @RikhilTaneja

please check this Common Rewards Issues (Work in Progress)

right now the wallet recovery key only recover the estimated bats

i will ask @steeven to help you with your issue he is one of the team members

notice it’s weekend so you could get delay in response maybe till Tuesday

hope that help and have a nice day both of you :slight_smile:

OK, I am waiting for the help.

can you try to create a new post looks like they miss this one

and have a nice day

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.