How to delete Top sites

In case anyone else is interested, to remove the top sites, I had to delete this folder:

C:\Users{myUserAccount}\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data

I spent a few minutes trying to isolate the exact folder but had no luck - maybe if someone else has time and finds it, post here.

I would back this up as it seems to clear out a lot of user specific info. But it saves you install/reinstall time.

HTH

You just need to clear your browsing history.

What version do you have?

I’m using
Version 1.9.76 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)](https://brave.com/latest/)

and it will not remove the Top Site. There are many posts on this. If you close and reopen it, the Top Sites will pop right back up. Even pinning/unpinning doesn’t help.

I encountered the same issue. Even after deleting browsing data (for “All Time”, advanced, with every box checked) the “Top Sites” persist. This seems like a disqualifying fail for a “Privacy Browser” in that a user might expect to have cleaned everything up but some of their activities can still be found.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.