Can't log into Google services (gmail, gcal, maps)

Can no longer log into any google services through Brave. I can enter my password and it get an error message stating " The server cannot process the request because it is malformed. It should not be retried. That’s all we know." This issue has persisted for over a week and is super inconvenient. I looked on forums and tried restarting my macbook, clearing cache/cookies, and uninstalling extensions but nothing has worked.

I am using Brave version:
Version 1.48.171 Chromium: 110.0.5481.177 (Official Build) (x86_64)

I am using Macbook Air 13-inch, 2017 OS Catalina 10.15.7

2 Likes

Have you tried in a private window yet?
If that works it’s probably some extension or bad cookies interfering.
Remove extensions and cookies to see if that helps.

No it does not work in a private window either. It does work fine in a different browser like Firefox. Does not work if I have removed extensions and cleared cookies.

Could you try in a new profile ?

I can access through a new profile. Is there any way to merge bookmarks/passwords etc between profiles if I’m going to have to start using a new profile? Or given this new information do you have an idea how I can access gmail through my old profile?

1 Like

Could you try clearing browsing data in the old profile ?

Maybe use Sync to sync old and new profile ?

Hi there @jmb14228, on your previous profile have you tried disabling your shields to see if they were interfering with your log in?

I had the same problem with the error code 400.
Even with a virgin installation of Brave (new user).

Allowing traffic to gstatic.com resolved the issue for me.

1 Like

@aCitizen did you add it on your shield settings or did you perform other steps to add it?

@Kevin_cc The issues wasn’t caused by Brave browser nor was it fixed in Brave browser.

I use Little Stich on macOS to block suspicious outgoing traffic and I had chosen at a time to block for the gstatic.com domain. The domain is essential for using Google services.

1 Like

@aCitizen thanks for your response!

@jmb14228 do you have any third-party program that may have been blocking access to Google services through Brave? If you have please disable it to see if you are able to properly login.

@aCitizen @jmb14228 are you experiencing this same issue or has it been resolved?

Please let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.