Can't access webcam for Google Hangouts

I am trying to use Google Hangouts on Brave but it tells me that my Camera is Muted. I have clicked view site information and allowed the camera and autoplay and flash but none of those seemed to make a difference. I also opened the shield settings and set it to “All device recognition attempts allowed” but that still did not solve the issue. I even went as far as to disable the shield for Google Hangouts to no avail. I, of course, tried to refresh, restart the browser and even restart my computer after all of these changes but nothing helped. I have no problem accessing the camera in other browsers but I really like the Brave browser and would like for it to work here.

Description of the issue:
I am trying to use Google Hangouts on Brave but it tells me that my Camera is Muted. I have clicked view site information and allowed the camera and autoplay and flash but none of those seemed to make a difference. I also opened the shield settings and set it to “All device recognition attempts allowed” but that still did not solve the issue. I even went as far as to disable the shield for Google Hangouts to no avail. I, of course, tried to refresh, restart the browser and even restart my computer after all of these changes but nothing helped. I have no problem accessing the camera in other browsers but I really like the Brave browser and would like for it to work here.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Click the Google Apps icon
Scroll to the bottom and hit Hangouts
Click Video Call
Screen shows that camera is muted and will not unmute

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Browser is still not able to access my built-in camera

Expected result:
Brave to be able to access my built-in camera

Reproduces how often:
Every time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Mac OSX Catalina 10.15.3 and Brave 1.5.115

Additional Information:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.