Cannot reconnect to Uphold on Android

For the last couple months, I have not been able to re-connect my phone to Uphold. Any attempt to do so simply fails with some non-descript error.

I am trying again and still no joy. I deleted Uphold App from the phone. I start Brave browser, navigate to Uphold.com and log in. I have all cookies and scripts allowed for this site … I never had to do anything special back when it WAS connected … but I digress.

I open the BAT settings screen and, of course, it says I am disconnected. I click on that and I get a endless spinning circle on a screen that says “Your request is still being processed, please wait.”

And there it sits. Nothing changes. Doesn’t matter how long I wait.

So what gives? I was not getting credited for ads on my desktop and go no response initially but after complaining a bit more forcefully was told that, for some unknown and probably unknowable reason, my account was corrupted but the support person “fixed” it. I’m happy to report that BAT are now accumulating again … tho I got zero response to my further comment that I feel I should get something at least for all the ads I DID see but got no credit for. Hardly seems fair since I usually end up banking as much as 10 BAT a month, I stand to receive a whopping tiny fraction of a BAT for March and probably got few if any in February. [sigh] Wouldn’t take much to award an averaged amount of BAT back in my acount for a problem that I didn’t cause.

I know, at the rate of payment, it’s basically pocket change, but it’s the principle of the matter.

But … back to Uphold on Android. I believe I AM getting credit in this case, as at least the counters go up and deposits are being made, but I continue to be disconnected and unable to reconnect. I don’t know if this might be another case of “corrupted” user account on the Brave side or not, but I’d like to get this fixed somehow.

VictorZ

Since you already contacted support who “fixed” the problem, I think you should resubmit a request and have them continue troubleshooting. The form is linked below. Make sure you include detailed history and copies of the previous relevant DMs or ticket#(s). I hope your issue is resolved!

Choco … thank you for your response and apologies for going off question on a tangent. The “fixed” problem was on my desktop version and related to no pop-up ads being shown for a couple months. That was fixed by support with some sort of tweak on their end of my user account. My gripe was that no explanation was given, and no response to a query regarding a couple month’s of lost BAT revenue due to a problem on their end.

The Android problem re. Can’t Reconnect Uphold is still an issue that has not been resolved. Regardless of what I’ve tried, I can’t reconnect, I simply receive the “something went wrong” message and that’s it. More detail in the original post.

Victor

Brave won’t give a response on the specifics of the fix unless it is something readily accessible to the user, like a setting. Brave does not want to provide any information that may make it easier for bad actors to scam the system. If they specifically used “corrupted” and not “flagged”, the “corruption” could have been caused by some action on your part that you are unaware of… or not… who knows… they won’t tell… might have been a malicious action… or not… who knows… see where this is going? :smiley: If your account is flagged, Brave straight up tells you you will not receive and/or earn from ads until the flag is removed. As far as the BAT for lost opportunity, it ain’t gonna happen. Sorry. Frustrating for the user though and does appear unfair in some instances.

Just to get it out of the way, users from Vietnam, Philippines, and Turkey are unable to connect to custodial providers at this time. There is another workaround you might try, link posted below. Other than that, I can’t think of anything else besides your account is flagged again but not receiving a notice. If the workaround below doesn’t work, you will have to submit another support request using the form linked in my first post. Sorry I can’t help and sorry for all the negativity. I do hope your problem is resolved! Take care. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.