Cannot enter password protected page (Wordpress), Fallback to enter password - ! SOLVED!

Description of the issue:
I am trying to access a password protected page. This page is provided by my wordpress instance. When I open the URL, the password form is shown and I enter the correct password. After pressing the blue submit button, the page is not displayed and I am falling back to this page with an emptied password form.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open the URL: http://groovebox.bernbrich.de/test-page/
    • the page shows some header data and the password form
  2. Enter the password as “Test1234” without quotes
  3. press the blue submit button (reading “Absenden”)

Expected result:
The remaining page content is displayed:

• look for “Hello Visitor”

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.5.115 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
I tried with different site settings and switching off the shield. In all cases the page was not displayed.

Thanks for looking into this
Martin :slight_smile:

@mbernbrich,
I was able to log in using the test password you provided without any issue:

Can you try clearing cache/site data for the site and then see if you’re able to login?

! SOLVED !

Hello Mattches,

this was an incredible hint!
Under the caching settings are three items that can be selected.
I tend to clear option one and three, the “browsing history” and the “documents/images”. This did not help.

So I also cleared the “Cookies and other website data” (middle option), which resolved the issue. :grinning:

Downside: all my cookies and website data are now cleared :neutral_face: - I have to enter all my data again on all sites, but I am happy to have this resolved. :wink: (Just wonder why this happens after a while again :thinking: )

Thank you very much!
Martin

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.