Browser only displaying sites plain text

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

How can this issue be reproduced?

1.Launch Brave
2.Go to any website
3. Website lose usual presentation, only plain text content remain

Expected result: see websites like they show on other browsers

**Brave Version( check About Brave):**1.61.109

Mobile Device details Galaxy A40

Additional Information:

A solution has been found. Please refer to this post here: Brave with the shield up makes most web pages just a wall of text and makes Youtube unusable - #24 by Shikaternia

The fix seems to go for a windows. I Don’t access to the lists the same way on brave for android. So not fixed for now.

Type ‘‘brave://adblock’’ in the address bar and disable ‘‘EasyList Cookie’’

Go to Settings, then Brave Shields, then find Content Filtering, the disable “EasyList” Cookie. I am on Android as well and it works for me.

1 Like

Not same pathway, easylist was
parameters : content filters : list = easylist cooki

(translated from brave french menu)

Will this be fixed? Because I’m not going to be dealing with this all the time. Easylist Cookies was probably filtered for a reason.

Disabling easylist cookie helped… hope there’s a permanent patch

You can turn it on again. It’s been fixed, apparently. I can confirm it on my end.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.