Web pages "smear" and not displaying properly

So web pages arent displaying properly. its on most web pages I go to.
Phone is Oppo 5x. No recent phone OS updates.
Only started happening within last couple of months. Youtube playback is fine.
im not a coder so if you need further info please post back specific questions.
Thanks

Try the following:

1. Open a website where you’re experiencing issues.
  2. Click on the Brave Shields icon in the address bar.
  3. Disable Brave Shields via the big toggle.

Same issue with shields disabled. It also occurs with text on the page too…

Have you checked whether clearing browsing data resolves the issue?

You can configure Brave to clear all browsing data on exit via SettingsBrave shields & privacyClear data on exit.

However, the option Clear browsing data, found under the same menu, allows you to clear browsing data manually, including Site settings.

I would try the following:

1. SettingsBrave shields & privacyClear browsing data.
  2. AdvancedTime rangeAll time.
  3. Cookies and site data, Cached images and files, Site settings.
  4. Clear data.

Note: Clearing Site settings will reset global Brave Shields settings, so check them out under the same menu if you were using different global Brave Shields settings than default ones prior clearing Site settings browsing data.

Hi,

Cleared all my cache etc, made no difference.

I’m using my laptop to file this report because my mobile version of brave is basically useless now on some web sites. I may have to use Chrome…

no no…bridge too far…weeps in dispair

I have found a good illustration of the problem - on the home page of brave.com
the animated illustration directly under “Learn more about brave shields” - when this is displayed on my laptop, it shows all steps in the animation. But on the android browser the animation step where the lasers hit the ads - this just creates flickering of the animation, but on the laptop its displayed OK and is stable.

On other web sites, you see both text and images “smear” across the page and you cant use Brave for that site. Simple text sites with jpg images etc seem fine. It seems the latest web stuff ( whatever it is ) is tripping brave up on android.

Laptop is windoze 10, Brave Version 1.29.76 Chromium: 93.0.4577.58 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I’m a DBA, not a dev, so have no idea on the technologies involved with web stuff, so best I can do is describe whats going on and leave it to the web ninjas to sort it out.

Please fix this - Brave has been stable and good for a while.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.