Browser Crashing after new update

Brave desktop browser continuously crashes after new update. For some reason, every time after this new update I can only use Brave for some minutes before it crashes and immediately shuts down. There’s no error message, it just suddenly shuts down.

I have tried disabling the hardware acceleration in Settings → Advanced → System to no avail.

**Brave Version 1.21.77

**I’m using Windows 10

1 Like

@Aulen,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
Do you think you have enough time with the browser open to try creating a temporary new profile and see if browser crashes the same when you only using that browser profile?

Thank you for your rapid reply. I don’t have time right now but I will try tomorrow morning (GMT +1).

Hey, sorry for the late reply. I created a test account and it keeps crashing, albeit less frequently.

@Aulen,
Would you be willing to download and install the Beta build of the browser and test to see if it is also crashing? Note that downloading/installing Beta will not overwrite or affect your current Brave installation – they will run independently from one another.

I have tried, but for some reason I can’t access it.

It could be a VPN you’re setup on – you might try disabling it to see if it makes a difference. Alternatively, you can download from our Github directly:

It keeps crashing in Brave Beta.

1 Like

@Aulen,
Very strange. Do you have any anti-virus software installed and running at the this time? Also, can you please try re-running the installer to apply the newest updates to the browser? It should update you to v1.23.71 at the time of writing this. After updating let me know if the browser crashes persist.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.