Brave Browser Crashing 2022

My Brave browser keeps on crashing the second I open it. It pops up an image saying restore pages. Even if I click that, the browser still crashes. Can someone plz help me.

Hello @LeapingPrince10, thank you for reaching us out. Can you please answer the following questions so we can further investigate the issue:

1 - What kind of device and OS do you have?

2 - Have you updated to the latest Brave version? If this is a desktop computer found at brave://version to download the most recent one https://brave.com/download/

3 - A screenshot of the issue (if possible).

Regards.

@LeapingPrince10 an you please go to brave://crashes and

• if you have automatic crash reporting is enabled (Settings --> Privacy/Security --> Automatically send diagnostic reports), please respond back here with the crash report ID
  • If Automatically send diagnostic reports is not enabled, ensure you click Send on these crash reports listed on the page, then reply here with the crash report ID

Thank you.

1 Like

I have a Windows 11.
I updated to the latest version, but the problem is still happening
Here is a screen shot of the left side of brave 1 second before it closes

Could you please send me the link for the brave://crashes?

You need to type in the URL brave://crashes Firstable, please make sure this option is enabled under settings brave://settings/privacy > Automatically send diagnostic reports but in case is not enabled you need to click send to submit the crash report listed on that page and please share with us this Crash ID here on the community so we can further investigate the issue.

Regards.

So I go to brave type in brave://settings/privacy and see if Automatically send diagnostic reports is on?

wait I type in brave://crashes in brave? When I do that, brave just crashes imediatlly so I can’t even see it. I got a screen shot of it though.

Hello again @LeapingPrince10, thank you for sharing this information with us. I will share this with our support team so we can further investigate this issue. Regards.

@LeapingPrince10,
The crash report you submitted was from May 28th — ~6 months ago. That particular crash report does not have much useful information. Can you please tell me what version of the browser you’re using at this time? You can find this information by going to Menu —> About Brave.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.