Brave VPN Activation on Other device

Please provide us with the following information

Type of device (iPad pro, iPhone 10, etc):
PC

iOS version ( Settings --> About --> Software Version ):
Windows 11

Detailed description of the behavior: When following steps to active i am giving this message when trying to link account “Whoops! We couldn’t locate your receipt. Please contact Brave Support.” I pay for the subscription every month.

@warrencoxwell can you provide some more details? What I want to specifically know is the following:

• Which OS did you use to buy Brave VPN? (Guess primarily am asking if you did it on iOS where subscription is through App Store or if you did it on something like Desktop where you did your subscription through account.brave.com)

• What OS are you trying to activate it on? (I see you mentioned Windows 11 and PC here, but is that what you bought it on or only what you’re trying to activate on?)

• Can you briefly explain how you’re trying to activate VPN on your device?

• Which version of Brave is on the device you’re trying to activate VPN?

@warrencoxwell,

Most users experiencing this issue are performing step four (listed below) incorrectly. Please ensure that after step three, you login to account.brave.com on your mobile device and in Brave browser (if you are using an external mail app, you can long-press and copy the link, then paste it into the browser directly) — note that the steps below are for iOS but are the same on Android:

1. Launch Brave on your iOS device
  2. In Brave, navigate to Settings → Brave Firewall + VPN
  3. Tap the Link purchase to your Brave Account option on this page

4. You will then be redirected to account.brave.com - please login on your iOS device, then tap Connect my subscription now to add your existing subscription to your Brave account.

:bulb: Note:Please ensure you follow step four above exactly as directed — the receipt information that is required to link your subscription to your Brave Premium account is held on your iOS device and step four must be completed in Brave Browser on your iOS device

This should work for you. If it does not, please reach out to us on our Premium product support form for further assistance as we will need to get more information from you that should not be posted on a public form.

Thank you

i bought brave with android device galaxy s23 ultra threw play store
im trying to activate it on my pc i did not buy it threw my pc i did threw my phone
step 1 i got on my android device go to brave and press the link purchase to your brave account
step2 i then go on my email on my pc click the link in the email and it takes me to brave where i click connect my subscription now but it gives me the error message
I am most likely not following a step correctly i am not the sharpest tool in the shed and help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you I will try this and get back to you.

when trying these steps on my android device i get the this error {“type”:“Generic_ERROR”}

What does it say above that error?