Brave Sync - Issues w/ Android & WIndows Desktop -- All Devices not Showing even though Bookmarks Syncing

Since August, I have encountered issues with Brave Sync but can’t diagnose the exact issue. Since I do not have a verified uphold/gemini wallet, I want to avoid fully resetting the app which would result in the loss of all my BAT on my Android phone.

I noticed in August that the Android bookmark widget was blank — even though any saved bookmarks on my desktop and my phone were still syncing between devices. I left the sync chain on both devices and created a new chain in hopes that would fix the widget. In creating a new sync chain, I noticed that the Android phone is not listed as being on the chain even though the bookmarks are still syncing between devices. In fact, the Android phone remains stuck on the “Loading devices…” screen rather than showing any synced devices.

Given there is clearly some communication going on between the devices, I am hoping that there is something obvious in the Sync-Internals screen that would indicate the underlying issue to a trained eye. I’ve attached some screenshots for reference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello there @wgi5qmqkduckcom please accept my apologies for this issue.

1. Description of the issue:
  2. Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):1.2.3.
  3. Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
  4. Expected result:
  5. Reproduces how often:
  6. Mobile Device details and Brave Version( check About Brave):
  7. Additional Information:

Be waiting for your response.

Description of the Issue: Brave Sync Chain Issues – (1) On PC, Device List shows only 1 device, while on Android, the page is stuck showing “Loading Devices…”; and (2) Bookmarks page on Android fails to load (even though bookmarks are correctly syncing between the 2 devices).

Steps to Reproduce: The three issues are presumably all related, but for sake of clarity, I have detailed them individually.

Issue 1 – Sync Chain Device List on PC Doesn’t Show Android Device:

1. Open Brave browser
  2. Press on the ‘hamburger menu’
  3. Go to Sync

Issue 2 - Sync Chain Device List on Android Doesn’t Load:

1. Open Brave browser
  2. Press on the ‘three dot menu’
  3. Go to Settings>Sync

Issue 3 – Bookmarks Menu Not Loading on Android:

1. Open Brave browser
  2. press on the ‘three dot menu’
  3. go to Settings>Bookmarks

Actual Results:

1. Device List only shows PC. (See Screenshots incl. Sync-Internals info)

1. Screen Stuck on “Loading Devices…” (See Screenshots incl Sync-Internals info)
    I can only put 4 embedded media in a post so I will include my Android Sync-Internals data in a follow-up post.

1. Blank screen opens up but bookmarks do not load (See Screenshots incl. Sync-Internals info). For what is worth, in August, the Brave bookmarks widget also stopped working on my device – the widget simply displayed a white screen with no bookmarks displayed.

Expected Results:

1. I would expect to see my PC and my Android device in this list (as I have in the past).

1. I would expect to see my PC and my Android device in this list (as I have in the past).

1. I would expect to see all my mobile bookmarks when I open the bookmarks page.

Reproduces How Often: All Issues - Always

PC Device Details and Brave Version:
Application Version 1.45.133 Chromium: 107.0.5304.141 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Operating System: Windows 22H2 19045.2311

Mobile Device Details and Brave Version:
Application Version: Brave 1.45.133, Chromium 107.0.5304.141
Operating System: Android 8.1.0; Build/OPSS28.85-17-6

Additional Information: I’ve tried leaving the sync chain on both devices, starting a new sync chain, clearing cache (I don’t want to reinstall app, lest I lose all my BAT).

Hope this is clearer, but please let me know if any further explanation/info would be helpful. Thanks again for any assistance

I could only put 4 embedded media in the prior post so here is the Android Sync-Internals data