Brave suddenly got rebooted and my bookmarks got deleted

Description of the issue:
I have Brave for a while, but when I open Brave today, it opened as if I downloaded it for the first time (it opened with the “Get Started” tour) and my bookmarks got deleted and my settings returned to default. But somehow it retained my history and extensions. I tried to find Brave here [Your User Profile]%AppData%\Roaming\brave from this topic For users who had issues migrating data from Brave Muon to Brave Core but I dont have the Brave folder and I dont why. Please help I want to recover my bookmarks

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 Brave Version 0.67.125 Chromium: 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@DJPar,
Does the version you have look like the one you remember having, or does it look like the old, outdated “Muon” browser?

1 Like

It’s the same as I remember having. I’m new to Brave.

1 Like

@DJPar,
So after the update, everything you previously had was contained in the browser except bookmarks, and it launched the welcome tour for you, correct?

If you go to bookmarks manager, nothing appears here at all? Additionally if you go ‘more options’ (icon on top-right) --> export bookmarks does it export a blank document?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.