Just upgraded to the new Brave and my bookmarks are gone

I just got the upgrade notice and clicked on it and as much as I like the new features, all of my bookmarks are gone. I went to “bookmarks”, “Import bookmarks and settings” then clicked on “Old Brave” and nothing… I’ve searched for solutions and haven’t been able to come up with anything… This is really lame. Can anybody help me with this? I’m really hoping that its something simple… Thanks for any help in advance,

Luke

Hi, have you seen this post?:

If yes: Did you (if available) follow everything step by step?
If No: Your problem may have been solved. :wrench:

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for getting back to me! I followed the instructions and even the bookmarks on the old brave were erased so there’s nothing to export to html. Super weird! Ugh, I’ve spent too much time on this already… I’ll just have to start over. Thanks for your help though…

Luke

Don’t give up hope! :slight_smile:
@Mattches can probably help you, I read something recently that someone thought his old Brave files were deleted. They were only in a different folder (under Linux).

But I don’t want to make false promises either.

Hello, I can not find \roaming\brave in windows. Please advise ASAP. Also how to export book,arks to another browser? Thanks

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the case, but the folder will probably not be visible by default.
Under Windows 10 (I’m using the DE version, the names might be different):

1. Click on the search in the lower left corner, type “Folder” or “Folder options” (Windows is moody, sometimes only one of them works).
  2. Open the folder options -> click on View above
  3. Scroll down to “Hidden Files and Folders”
  4. There activate the RadioButton “Show hidden files, folders and drives”.
  5. Click on “Apply”.

Now you should be able to find the roaming folder :slight_smile:

PS: Maybe you should set the RadioButton back to the old value when you’re done.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.