Brave stopped accessing WiFi - WiFi still works on Chrome!

Getting server errors from LastPass password manager ONLY ON BRAVE. Works fine on Chrome. Discovered not a WiFi problem, but rather a problem with Brave’s browser. Haven’t changed any settings. Excellent wiFi on any other browser, but would prefer to use Brave. Any suggestions?

What platform? Windows, macOS, Android, etc.

What’s the exact error message you’re getting?

Are you using ‘Secure DNS’ settings in Brave?

1 Like

First, to clarify, I have been using Brave exclusively for months without ANY issues. All of a sudden, I am getting the error message. Google Chrome works perfectly, which is what I am using right now. I can only look at the Brave settings by asking to Download the Browser again.

This is a Windows 10 PC.

The error message is:

We couldn’t contact the server. Check your internet connection and try again.

I have secure DNS turned on. It says “with your current service provider, secure DNS may not be available all the time”.

1 Like

Thanks for following up.

Understood. Are you using the latest Brave, which currently is 1.31.91?

First thing I would suggest is shutting off Secure DNS, and see if anything changes.

Also, I assume the LastPass you’re using is a browser extension? Do you have other extensions installed as well? (If so, please try with all the others disabled.)

Is anything set in brave://flags ? (Anything with a non-default setting will be sorted to the top, and will have a blue dot next to it.)

If none of these things pans out then there may be some other things we can look at, but those are my top suspects.

1 Like

I redownloaded today, to answer your other questions, and that was when I was able to look at settings. I assume I have the latest version. I will try to get this information when I am back at my PC. I assume I can right click the brave icon on my desktop and look at settings that way? If not, please advise.

Using the latest Brave 1.31.91
No other browser extensions, just Last Pass
I just turned off Secure DNS, and that let me in but only intermittently. Intermittently ( every minute or so!) goes back to yellow and I get a message in a red bar across the screen " we couldn’t contact the server. Check your internet connection and try again" When I close the message, the Last Pass extension goes back to a Red square for a couple of minutes…ONLY happens in Brave, not in Chrome. Started maybe a week or two ago. I’ve been using Brave since early 2021 and haven’t changed anything, so why would it be acting this way now?

When I go to brave://flags, I don’t see anything set with a blue dot, just a lot of different listings…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.