Brave Browser cannot connect to internet, where as other browsers work!

Hi

I have been trying to solve this issue for hours, including reboot, uninstall, firewalls etc

Basically, my error is:

This site can’t be reached

chrome.google.com unexpectedly closed the connection.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

My Chrome browser works fine and all others, just brave cannot show any pages.

Running out of options incl disabling extensions and resetting to default to

PS the error is for any url

Please help

Stephen

Hi and welcome to the community. I’m a community member too. Can you provide more information, please? I think it will help other community members and the moderators with troubleshooting your issue.

  1. Brave and OS versions.
  2. Screenshot of error message

In the meantime, you could try disabling Use Secure DNS in brave://settings/security if it is enabled and see if that resolves your issue.
image

Below is a link to an article that may help you with your issue if you are using windows.

We are on windows 10 and have disabled the dns and has made no difference image attached

Hi

@sfsilks

Try this

  1. Open Command prompt as administrator and enter ipconfig/flushdns
  2. Clear Browser cache and restart

If not working
Test the following public dns from Google: 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

If not working
Open Brave and Hold simultaneously CTR+SHIFT+N , and open sites in the new private window; result?

1 Like

tried the ipconfig, did not work
tried private window did not work
do not know how to do Test the following public dns from Google: 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4

NB connection is fine in all other browsers, also brave did work but has stopped with the error message image I sent

1 Like

NB the chrome browser works!

Recheck Antivirus and firewall exceptions.

For google dns settings (I have W11 !)

Open control panels, go to networks, go to change adapter settings,

Check but not sure what this means For google dns settings (I have W11 !)

Should mean I have checked the firewalls, not sure what you mean by W11 and what am I looking for in adaptor settings

I’m also experiencing the same issues. Did the DNS thing, and it worked for like 2 mins, then I’m back to the same error. I’ve been following this thread, but honestly get confused with the words - I really dont know much about computers lol

1 Like

when i try the ipconfig/flushdns
image

Yes it is a nightmare and I am fairly IT proficient, tried everything I know read various threads too. I think some update has caused this, as it has been fine for a year or two then suddenly we have this. What mkes it strange is other browsers are fine including Chrome which I think Brave uses!

@sfsilks

Connection Error Codes:

had two antivirus applications that may have been the issue, I deleted AVG antivirus and rebooted and it worked perfectly

2 Likes

Another source for DNS troubleshooting.

2 Likes

Hi

@MARIAA You are using RUN; you should be using Command Prompt to flush DNS.

For this, open Windows Search, enter “command prompt” then follow the steps as in image below.

2 Likes

Hi Finally success, although I am not sure if all the cmd actions fixed it, for a second it worked then stopped again.

In the end, it looked like I had two antivirus applications that may have been the issue, I deleted AVG antivirus and rebooted and it worked perfectly.

I hope this helps others, rather painful trying to solve but got there in the end

Thank for all the help
Stephen

1 Like

It took me a while to get back because I kinda gave up but uninstalling other antivirus applications I had fixed it! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thank you so much for all your help! Got brave up and running again :slight_smile:

2 Likes