Brave Shields not working

Description of the issue:
Brave shield is not blocking anything. The number of items blocked is stuck at 0.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Install Brave Browser.
  2. Open any random website

Expected result:
Brave shield should block some aspects of the website.
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.20.110 Chromium: 88.0.4324.192 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information:
I used to have the same issue on a Linux installation as well, right now I am using Windows 10

Hello @nitish159

go to brave://components/ and check for update

hope that help and have a nice day

2 Likes

Thanks, I tried that and I saw that many components are at version 0.0.0.0 (meaning they aren’t installed)?
For instance:
Brave Ad Block Updater - Version: 0.0.0.0
However, after clicking check for updates, it says checking for status and ultimately says updater sleeping.
Any further guidance would be really appreciated.

you very welcome but i read another post and it the other user report that it fixed by it self after while

go to brave://settings/clearBrowserData then choose advanced then select all time then only select site and shield settings then clear data

then restart your device and see if ti work or not

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

I tried that, but it didn’t work. It was saying “None” as in their is no saved data under shield.

could you download the installer again from brave.com then re run it do not uninstall just run the installer while brave already installed

I tried that, it’s still the same unfortunately

let me ask someone from the team to help you @Mattches @Aa-ron

and have a nice day all of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

The problem was with my ISP, maybe they were blocking connection to brave servers or something but I tried to switch to a mobile hotspot and I could download all the components that were at V 0.0.0.0 and brave shields are up now, thanks @justsomeone1 for pointing me in the right direction

1 Like

glad to know that and you very welcome :slight_smile:

Great work , both of you :tada: :tada:

1 Like