My brave shields aren't working?

Hi um I am very confused because the Brave shields, on my laptop (windows), says that they’re on for every website but says zero ads blocked.

I am using youtube as my reference, on the browser app on my phone (iOS) it is working fine and blocking 17 ads, and on my laptop it says shields are up and it is blocking 0 ads, but on the home page I see an ad, right in the corner. it also plays ads before the video, like normal on other browsers but never on brave, and this is exactly why I use brave. this is the case for all of my websites too, not just youtube. it is not blocking pop ups or any ads on websites.

idk when this could have started, i haven’t been on my laptop much in the past few days. i do not recall changing any settings

i have tried turning shields off and back on, no change, and i have tried restarting my laptop, no change.

Expected result:
i am hoping someone can help me fix this, i have poked around the settings and everything i do not know if it is a bug or something else.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
v1.52.129
Chromium 114.0.5735.198

Additional Information:
here is a screenshot, i scribbled out the unnecessary stuff

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.