Brave shields not blocking any ads or trackers after fresh install

Description of the issue:
Brave is not blocking any type of ads or trackers after a reinstall. The count of blocked items is 0 on all websites on all settings. The webpage brave://adblock/ also shows no additional filters which were previously available. All shields were working fine on previous installation.

Screenshots attached below show the same.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Fresh Install Brave and clear any previous configs

Expected result: No Adblocking or shielding. Most probably its not downloading the filter list.

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.15.76

Additional Information:
Using Linux. Tried on Ubuntu 20.04 and Arch Linux works on neither of them. My guess is its not or in unable to download the filter list after install.

Hello ag27 . I noticed a tab you have opened that says ad block. My thought is if you are running another ad blocker this might be why you have a count of zero in Brave.

That tab is the settings page of inbuilt brave adblock. You can try yourself. As far as using another adblock is concerned see my second screenshot, the page is cramped up with ads. So this proves there is no other adblock software active. Brave shields aren’t working for me.

Strange … running Brave Dev and Nightly here on openSuse Tumbleweed, and all works as expected.

How did you install Brave … via Ubuntu repo (the community-based version)?
Snap package?

Or via the instructions at the Brave site?
(This one)

No i installed via instructions on brave website https://brave.com/linux/. Its the official brave ubuntu PPA.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.