Ad and trackers blocker along with the counters are not working

Description of the issue:
I suddenly noticed that the in browser adblocker isn’t working. I had seen a thread where someone faced the issue after using CCleaner, which I had used too recently to clean up the “junk” and “useless” registry entries.
Right now, the ad counter is not working for any site. I tried some third party extensions and those seem to work fine.
Here is the link of the other thread: Brave browser ads are not blocked
I didn’t comment there because I am not sure if my issue and his issue is the same. Also, I uninstalled and reinstalled (not clean as I do not want to lose my saved data) but my issue persists, unlike the other guy who posted this as his solution. I have tried installing the beta and that works fine but that is same as clean installing, as I can’t import my data from the current stable version of Brave that I am using.
Any kind of help would be much appreciated.

Thanks and cheers!

Exact URL of the website in question:
All websites.

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
Yes (but with ads ofcourse)

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
No

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes

Brave version (check About Brave):

Edit: Sometimes the ads are being blocked (when it stops, I just restart the browser) but counters are always stuck at 0.

The browser has started to block ads and trackers as well as the counters are working fine.
What I did was to turn off cross-site trackers option from the Brave settings under Shield subsection and reinstalled the browser, restarted the browser and pc. After that I turned the option back on again and it seems to work fine now.

Not quite sure what had happened to create the problem though.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.