Brave Rewards Not Paid Jan 2022

Briefly describe your issue:
Windows, Brave, Verified Uphold Wallet, No rewards received in January 2022. There was certainly a balance in there through December 3-5bat - adverts had been displaying, and the reward balance was going up. Yet no transfers have been made to the uphold wallet as per normal for the multiple years.

Additional Note - I have logged in to uphold and I did not have any questions to answer for CCD or CDD or whatever it was you mentioned in your other support post.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Win 10,
Brave Version 1.34.80 Chromium: 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Uphold Wallet is verified, but was not logged in on browser.
Brave Wallet has not been activated

What date did you verify your wallet?
Many years back

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Every month for many years

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
UK Europe - so yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
My android did receive rewards - windows did not.

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
Auto Contribute is turned off yes.

3 Likes

Any word on December payouts? Mine has not posted and for some reason I am not receiving any ads now at least right at the moment.

2 Likes

Just an update - i have seen this in the main notice about payouts:

• Verified Uphold wallets:
    Payments Processing.
    Investigating issue. We are actively working to fully process Uphold payments.

and what about not receiving ads now

same for me bro, its annoying when people just post the status cause its wrong, I have gemini and didn’t receive my payment at all and it says status complete so have many other users with the same issues nor am I not getting ads it doesn’t make sense

2 Likes

I joined this forum thinking it was a customer service forum to get updates or resolutions…I assume it is not, if it were I think I would have designed the forum a bit differently it seems a lot of items are lost in a sea of new threads or closed out with no attention.

1 Like

I can confirm, that this morning I received 12BAT.
Therefore, the processing error was found and fixed for my situation.

In terms of viewing adverts - I have seen these throughout, as well as wallpaper adverts. Although during the early part of the month I often notice a reduction in adverts for a period of time.

Adverts display according to your region.
So for my case, in the UK there are 76 ad campaigns active currently:

I recently found:
https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/
Which gives far more details on the advertisers in your region.

I personally believe that browsing history does affect and trigger adverts. Not sure if this is fact, known, or just my opinion. (But try doing some VPN searches and see if that triggers anything!)

I am seeing adverts across my Android, Laptop and desktop without issue. All have been paying out. Obviously iOS is dead in the water thanks to Apple.

That’s good to know, @nevsie , mine’s still processing for January, nice to see there’s an actual problem with the payment processing given the status went back to yellow. I’ll keep waiting for my 5 or so bat I got for January.

I did not receive my rewards from December which should have been around 3.8 Brave tokens. I contacted the Brave corporate office and received no reply. My back office does not show anything regarding these rewards that are owed to me. What is going on here?

same with @nevsie I also received the missing payment earlier today which means they have sorted out the issue and others may receive their part as well… if not, you should DM @steeven with the following info:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards .

Yup. pretty much this. I have 2 devices linked. I got bat for one of them on the 9th. And just now for the second device. Just keep checking your upholds from now for a few days regularly. You possibly get it.
Seems an oopsie happened somewhere that made the payouts a bit broken. For me at least, I got everything now from december.

The problem isn’t just uphold it’s gemini as well. And supposedly payouts have been made for gemini… however that is not the case. No payments made for december to uphold or gemini it is 1/15/2022

1 Like

Gemini user here and I’m still waiting on my BAT. I was told by Steeven that my account was flagged for irregular activity and he unflagged me. Said the payment should go through now. We’ll see

3 Likes

Why are they tagging everyone’s account though that’s not a sufficient excuse for not distributing payouts to practically all of their users. I sent steeven a message days ago, still haven’t heard back so I started compaining on twitter. Spoke with a Brave admin on twit. He said he would investigate. No resolution yet and I took a snapshot of atleast some of my earnings so they should pay at least that. I also noticed soon after I emailed steeven my rewards stopped earning. Funny thing is I anticipated that which is exactly why I took a snapshot prior to sending the email b/ I’ve heard people who reach out all of a sudden stop earning rewards after sending an email with problems (which I find interesting esp b/ that’s exactly what happened to me & I expected to happen). I think if I clear my cookies though I’ll earn again. Just fyi for anyone who stopped earning in January. Brave needs to honor their payouts. I Have no problem using Presearch search engine instead brave wouldn’t mind earning PRE tokens.

1 Like

There’s obviously a bigger problem here, all we can do right now is wait for our individual payments. It could take a couple more days.

1 Like

so you received a response from @steeven? i haven’t heard from him since i messaged him.

hey, i received my payment from pc , but not from mobile, is there anything i have to do to get it? or its their payment issue?

1 Like

All you can do right now is wait a bit more. Your payment on mobile is probably still pending approval. Mine took like and entire day after I got my PC payment send to my uphold acc. don’t lose hope.

1 Like

we all are waiting but it becomes painful to wait. 11 days past since the payment date. I waited and waited an waited that’s enough i think. I get 2 of 3 payments but one still missing and the missing one is my PC and I am not getting ads on it too. Too much bug or error in this system and I am not a new user. When is it gonna be fixed I wonder. We all know the payment is still in processing but 11 days past enough is enough I think.

Please follow this thread for updates regarding January payments to verified Uphold wallets - Ads Payout Status Update.

Thank you for your patience!