Brave not importing bookmarks, passwords etc. from any browser on drop-down list [Unsolved]

Have tried multiple times, sometimes (as per other thread here) even just bookmarks or passwords but nothing happens even if Brave said it did the job.

-Working on Windows 10 64bit with Brave 0.66.101

@danielson,
Can you please provide a more detailed explanation of the situation?

• Is this a new installation of Brave or was it already on your machine?
  • What browsers have you tried to import from?
  • Do you have all boxes checked for data to import or only some?

Hi, I just downloaded Brave today, and I too cannot import from another browser. I tried to import bookmarks and cookies from Edge, and Brave went through the motions, but nothing was imported. More importantly (to me), I tried repeatedly to import bookmarks and cookies from Chrome. I was told I had to close Chrome before it would be possible, but Chrome was closed. I even rebooted my desktop to insure that Chrome was really closed. Again, on trying to import bookmarks and cookies, Brave told me I had to close Chrome first. But Chrome was not open. With both Edge and Chrome, I had only the bookmarks and cookies checked for import, not the other things. Any assist would be mightily appreciated. I’m using Windows 10, 64-bit. Thanks.

@MDickson,
Can you try opening your task manager and checking for any Chrome update or Chrome Helper processes running? Even if Chrome itself isn’t currently running, the updater, helper and [background] extension services will also cause this error.

Let me know what you find out.

That did it. You’re a genius. Thanks.

1 Like

@Mattches

With regards to 1st point, do believe it was fresh install (can’t be 100% sure as i do restore at times from Acronis images).
With regards to 2nd point, did try all import option (except html file which i just did via Firefox export, and it worked - now all i need is passwords…).
With regards to 3rd point (as per initial post) import tried bookmarks only or passwords only etc., none have worked.

1 Like

New here, Windows 7, 64 bit, Version 0.66.100 Chromium: 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit), wanting to import bookmarks from Pale Moon browser, need instruct.

@DwayneO,
Can you please please provide some additional details surrounding your issue?

Don’t understand what specifically you need. Is this in wrong section?

Don’t see “boxes”, do I need to check them?

Can you tell me how you tried to import your bookmarks/data?

Didn’t, have no idea how to, needing instructions or where/how to see them. Pale Moon is a Firefox clone. I went to them when Firefox fired Brendan Eich.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.