Unable to import bookmarks and bookmarks bar

I have installed Brave on my laptop and gone through the process of importing bookmarks and bookmarks bar from Firefox. It says the import has been completed but neither the bookmarks, nor the bar are seen. I just have a blank bookmarks bar showing. How do I fix this so that I can start using Brave. I did close Firefox before doing it.

@danny1199 Welcome to community. Thanks for reaching out!. Could you provide the brave version and platfrom details please? are you seeing the issue in new profile or upgraded one ?

Thanks!

I have the same issue with importing bookmarks from Safari. I tried importing from Chrome, and that worked, just not Safari. I’ve tried to get away from Chrome, but now their bookmarks are in my Brave and I can’t get rid of them, while Safari won’t import. I like your philosophy re: privacy, but convenience counts big too.

I am using Brave Version 0.65.118 Chromium: 75.0.3770.80 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10.
I have had to re-install because my HD was replaced.

@danny1199 Thanks for the information. Are you seeing this issue on clean profile or upgraded profile? Can you do a fresh install and try again.

Fresh install- try below steps:

1. Uninstall all Brave versions from Control Panel
  2. Remove BraveSoftware folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware
  3. Remove BraveSoftware from AppData\Local\BraveSoftware
  4. Install brave

The issue is not reproducible from my end Windows 10 with brave version 0.65.118. Please revert back if the above steps don’t fix the issue.

Thanks!

@agcarlough Thanks for reaching out! Are you not able to import bookmarks from Safari browser? are you seeing this issue on a clean profile or upgraded one?

Can you please try again on latest released version 0.65.118 and revert back if it doesn’t resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I have completely uninstalled and re-installed Brave, went through the process of importing bookmarks and the bookmarks bar, which then says that it has been installed. The bookmarks bar is blank and when I go to bookmarks manager, the window that opens is blank and shows no downloaded bookmarks. You mention reverting if that doesn’t work, how do I do that?

Thanks

Danny

Danny Bryant

It was Firefox that I was importing from and I did completely remove Brave, downloaded and installed it again but after following the procedure got the same result.

Danny

Danny Bryant

@danny1199 Thanks for the information. Please track the below issue.

Thanks!