Brave non responsive / suspended after turning display off and coming back seconds later

I have a problem, that I do not remember occurred when I starting using Brave a few months ago, but has been going on for several weeks now.

Due to current research and programming a virtual synthesizer, I have about 50 tabs open.

When I walk away from my fast Laptop, using latest version of Windows 10 64-bit, even for only a minute, I always turn off my display via power button.

So when I come back, many times only after 30 seconds, or a minute, I touch the mouse pad to turn back on the screen.

And this is when Brave is then unresponsive, every single time. Nothing happens if I try to scroll the current tab’s page, or click any of the page’s elements such as a “submit” button. Sure I can wait around 15 seconds and Brave will wake up, or if I don’t have that patience, I can switch to another tab and then back, which forces it awake.

I am really eager to solve this quite annoying problem.

Finally after having no replies offering solutions, I figured it out myself. At first I turned off the “Hard Acceleration” setting in Brave and restarted the browser. That had no effect. But the below solution fixed my problem immediately;

1. Uninstall Brave
  2. Reinstall Chrome
  3. Use Chrome instead of Brave

For anyone else having the same freeze problem, feel free to try out my solution!

@DKDiveDude,
I do apologize for the lack of reply. We do our best to answer as many threads as possible but some will inevitably slip through the cracks.

I’d be happy to help assist you with Brave if you’re willing, but it appears you’re okay with using Chrome instead. I don’t personally think this is a great or recommended solution but I’m not here to make decisions for you.

Let me know if you’d like to try resolving the issue described initially. Otherwise I’ll simply close this thread and wish you the best.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.