Brave Logged me out of Gemini, I am trying to Reconnect but Brave Keeps Giving Errors

For some reason Brave randomly logged me out of Gemini. I tried to reconnect and it keeps saying “Sorry there was a problem processing your request, please try again.”

Can someone help please? I would like to keep earing BAT.

There’s a possibility you might have been flagged. I was wrongly flagged and didn’t have the issue resolved until today. If you are flagged you would not receive brave rewards until they unflag you. I missed out on the payouts for June and July although I was wrongly flagged. :frowning:

How did you get the flag removed? Should I post somewhere else or just wait for Brave? Thank you for the information as well.

You would need to create a support ticket and explain your problem. They will respond back to you, but it could take some time. Link down below :point_down:

@BigScience this error can be a sign of an issue in the API, trouble with your internet, and a bunch of other little things. If it’s on the user end, it often gets resolved by clearing cache and/or restarting the device. There have also been times in the past of extensions somehow interfering, so you could just make sure to disable them (assuming you’re on desktop)

Another thing you could try if you’re on Desktop is if you’re able to connect using a new browser profile, assuming you’re on desktop. If you don’t know how to create a new profile, you just click on the hamburger menu image and then select Create a new profile. You’ll just use this for testing purposes. If it works, then we know it’s just some weird issue or setting on your original. If it gives you the same error, then lets you know it’s internet or API in general.

And yeah, if new profile works fine but old still doesn’t connect, you might need to create a Rewards Support Ticket at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431 so Brave can check and make sure nothing needs resolved on their end.

I tried the suggested measures but it still gives the same error “Sorry there was a problem processing your request, please try again.”

If there is anything else on my end I can do please let me know, and thank you for the help/information.

Hello! We’re investigating your issue currently. It is not related to a flagged profile. Could you respond in the recently replied ticket? Thanks!

I just emailed back, with the information sorry for the delay.

I’m getting the same error as the OP. I can’t connect my rewards account to Gemini either. When I go here: https://status.brave.com/ says the Gemini service is down. It’s been down for quite some time now. Anyone have the same problem? I get the same error while using the Brave browser at work as well.

@humanoid PSA: Known issue with Gemini (Gemini is down)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.